Apple crumble is one of the easiest things on this earth to make – It’s so easy that in fact when I made it this particular time, I was watching friends and was like “I feel like apple crumble” – so I hopped up and made one. BAM. Call it a spontaneous dessert.
I eat A LOT of this in winter (and now you will too), it warms my soul.
I actually wish that I had never discovered its easiness, it’s rather dangerous, you know, something this yummy being within about a half hours reach.
For the health conscious: Woolworths sells ‘apple crumble granola’ which you can use instead of the flour and sugar mix below, it’s also really delicious.
This is my Apple Crumble Recipe, it’s fool-proof:
1 can (400g) unsweetened pie apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
1. Mix apples, cinnamon, sugar and raisins and place in a greased pie plate.
2. Sift flour and brown sugar and rub in margarine (crumble mixture).
3. Sprinkle crumble mixture over the apples.
4. Bake at 200° C for 30 minutes.
5. Serve hot or cold with cream.
Easiest dessert in the world, right? x